Sunday, December 18, 2011

Celebrating An Early Christmas

Hello everybody!!

So I decided to start a blog because I will be studying abroad for a semester in Spain starting Jan 2012! I'm quite excited and am eager to get on the plane and go already; however, I am leaving to Telluride, CO this coming Thursday to go skiing first. It's been a family tradition for quite a while now, and its definitely a wonderful place to go for the holidays. Definitely check it out...http://www.visittelluride.com/

Today, my family celebrated Christmas since we will be in Colorado on the 25th. It was a bit weird, but its always exciting to open presents and be with your family.

  All the presents under the tree!! 

Best present I must say was the JUICER! What a great invention! You can practically put anything you want from pineapple, carrots, sweet potato, kale, etc. and it will make it into a nice healthy juice. I'd never thought I'd be able to drink vegetable juice, but with enough pineapple or apple, its actually quite tasteful. My friend started a 10-day detox diet with this Juicer and has already lost 9 lbs in 5 days...breakfast, lunch, and dinner.I only have four days before I leave to Telluride, but hopefully it'll somewhat detoxify myself.

If your interested in the Juicer, we got it from Amazon: Omega VRT350Juicer.

Later on, we had a few friends over for a small Christmas Party. My dad made Cuban pork, which was absolutely amazing!!! We had rice to accompany the pork, salad, spinach artichoke dip I made, and my moms spring roll...weird mix yes, but a dad from Cuba and a mom from Japan makes everything much more interesting. I also made Cannolis for the first time!!! It was hard using a pastry bag, but well worth the work!

Well that's all for now!! Thanks for reading!!
Besitos, Lilly Goti

No comments:

Post a Comment