Friday, December 23, 2011

First Day Skiing

What a great day to start skiing. It was sunny, absolutely clear, and although the high was 27 degrees the sun kept you quite warm on the slopes. We started off the day having breakfast at the hotel; very nice. I had two boiled eggs that were accompanied with roasted red potatoes/onions and tomatoes; it got me going.
 Clear Skies...Perfect

After we got dressed we met up with our instructor named Julia. I love her accent...she's from New Zealand. We learned a lot from her today, and she definitely pushed us cause I am extremely soar. Usually we start off slow, but let me tell you, we went on black diamonds with moguls all the way which I love; but on the first day I don't know. Anyways, we had lunch at Giuseppe's at about 12,000ft. I had a chicken tortilla soup; made me nice and warm.
Me taking a break
Brother, Sister, and I with Julia

 We continued on skiing, and later stopped for some hot chocolate. Out of all the hot chocolates I have had, Telluride has the best. Rich and well-made + lots of marshmellows and whip cream :)

My mom and I went to take a break in the Jacuzzi, very relaxing. We all got ready and headed downtown for dinner. We ate dinner at La Marmotte; a french restaurant.
I had a tasty, Creamy French Onion Soup as an appetizer, Roasted Colorado Lamb Sirloin as my entree, and A Rocky Mountain Crumble for dessert. Everything was fantastic, especially since we got to sit in a cozy room that was reserved just for us. 

Lamb Sirloin

Alrighty well I'm dead and ready to go to bed! 
Hopefully tomorrow will be just as good as today!
Thanks for reading!
Besitos, Lilly Goti

No comments:

Post a Comment