Wednesday, January 11, 2012

First Day!

Holaaa!!! I'm sorry I have not written in two days. I have to say that time flies by way too quickly here...I feel like I don't have enough time during the day to get everything done! For the past two days I've been touring the city, walking practically everywhere and I also have had a couple orientations here and there.
 A toast with Jamon Iberico on top...
something I had for lunch the other day

It was delicious as always

I had the Spanish Placement Exam the other day and got placed into Advanced IV. There are 11 levels and I am in the 3rd highest level. For the next week and a half, I have a Spanish Intensive, taking 2.5 hrs a day.

Today was the first day and it went quite well. The first day is always the easiest; everyone introduced themselves and had different conversations about random things. I must say though, sitting in a classroom for 2.5hrs is extremely hard. We had a quick 15min break in between, but still.

Just thought it looked pretty!

After class, I met up with some friends and went to the famous Bo De B sandwich shop. We probably waited for more than an hour for our sandwiches; plus we had to stand outside in the cold! After an hour we finally got our sandwiches and sat by the innner harbour that was across the street. The sandwich shop is supposedly the best one in Barcelona, but I think that is only true for foreigners. Why? Basically everyone there was American or from somewhere else, but not Spanish...also if you ask about this place, no Spanish person knows! They have no idea what it is. In my opinion, the sandwich was not even that good. I have had much better ones that would totally beat Bo De B's!

 Katie & I walking around town. 
She's an ADPi too!

By the time we were done it was already 5pm...im telling you the day just flies by here. I went back to my apartment and had a huge surprise! All my roommates are finally in. They are all great, about three girls and six boys. We had a short orientation about living in the Residence and I learned that I can get two free rooms for any guest that comes...once a month! So if anyone wants to visit me I have two free nights at the Melon District Residence!

That's all for now. I am currently getting ready
to go out. Each day I am falling more and 
more in love with the city. 
Have a good day!!
Besitos, Lilly Goti

No comments:

Post a Comment