Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year

Well what a night I had. My family and I were literally cooking all day, getting prepared for a small party. Even though it was only about 19 people, we had food for at least 30. We Cubans always tend to go overboard.
The food was fantastic! As a pre-party toast we had a small 
glass of Muscat...sweet and delicate. 
 Procuitto with Manchego Cheese, Bread, Crackers as a starter.
I made a nice decorative setting for the food 

Caprese Tapa

Basil, Tomato, Mozzarella, Vinegar, Olive Oil

Cuban Potato with ground beef in center

For the main course, we served traditional Cuban pork, with Yuca (similar to potato), Rice with black beans, salad, and lasagna that my Italian ballet teacher made (the best of the best). Interesting mix, but so very good. I don't have pictures of these...sorry!

For dessert we had Flan, a traditional Cuban Custard. I also made Madeline's, my favorite!

This is courtesy to Giada de Laurentiis' recipe 
 I always enjoy making these...fluffy, sweet cakes!

Oh, so the day before we went to World Market and found Masquerade Masks...I begged my dad to incorporate them into our party...at least for the girls...and he did. We had a a lot of fun playing around with them. The masks, all with exquisite designs added a wonderful twist to the party.


Me, Cousin Idalia, and my mom
With my friend Allie
All the Ladies

Last but not least....The Champagne! A Toast to the New Year!
I have to write my New Year's Resolution now!!

Happy New Year to All My Friends and Family!
Besitos, Lilly Goti

2 comments:

  1. Lili, I enjoyed your blog very much. I wish you the best time in Spain and look forward to read more of what you have to share. Happy New Year. Mirta

    ReplyDelete