Monday, January 16, 2012

Rainy Day

Today was the first day it rained since I've been here. It was miserable this morning! Cloudy and super cold; it was just drizzling, but it was still miserable. Luckily by the time I got out of class, the sun had came out. Today was also the coldest day. The temperature in Barcelona is weird because its extremely cold during the day, but it warms up around 7pm...not sure why.

This morning I woke up early to go to the bank and get a few things done. I had class, nothing to exciting; we're starting to hit the grammar hard. After class, my friends and I walked to our programs headquarters to ask a few quick questions, then we walked around the area known as Passeig de Gracia. It is pretty much the main shopping strip with many restaurants and cafes along the sides of the streets. This area is one of my favorites, not just cause of the shopping, but the buildings are gorgeous; all vintage looking and lots of different people.

For lunch I had patatas bravas (potatoes = Spains French Fries) and a piece of a potato tortilla...can't go wrong with that!

The lovely assortment of tapas

My tortilla

Patatas Bravas

Yumm...

Not much going on today, but I hope 
everyone had a lovely weekend.
Besitos, Lilly Goti

No comments:

Post a Comment