Saturday, January 7, 2012

Shopping!

To begin with, last night my friends and I were invited to a club named Shoko. The club sits right in front of the beach and was crazzzzyyyy. There were many people there and we ended up meeting other study abroad students from Dartmouth. My friend knew the promoter of the club which allowed us to be in the VIP section. I had a great time meeting new people and experiencing Barcelona's nightlife. My friends and I got to the club around 2am and ended up leaving around 5:30am...what a night! You'd think there'd be no one on the streets, but everyone was just finishing up their night and heading home. It was ridiculous!
The life here is completely different, but I love it!

Today is when the Big Sale starts! All the stores are on sale for about 50% off or more...they say it lasts till mid February! To summarize the day, its basically Black Friday; everyone wakes up early to hit the stores. I ended up waking up around 1:30pm and met up with some people to go shopping. We first went to Zara and I bought these lovely shoes:

 I went around to other stores afterwards, but did not purchase anything else. It took us forever to find some place to eat and after walking for 20min, we finally found a decent cafe. I had a combination plate which was delicious, as it reminded me of home = Cuban food!
Lomo (pork), Potatoes, Fried Egg, Tomato, Ham Croquetes

After lunch, we took the metro to "Carrefour" which is basically a Walmart. I bought some groceries and then headed home. I am quite exhausted and definitely need some sleep. Tomorrow will most likely consist of more sightseeing, nonetheless I will be out and about in the wonderful streets of Barcelona!

Thanks for reading!
Besitos, Lilly Goti

No comments:

Post a Comment