Sunday, January 8, 2012

A Tour of the City

 The tower outside of my apartment 

I did not end up going anywhere last night. I was tired and it was late...well at least for me. This morning I went to my friends (Katie & Kaley) apartment where three of their other roommates had arrived in the morning. They were all nice and excited to begin the semester with us.

As they were getting settled in, the three of us decided to visit Casa Batallo; an ordinary apartment building that Gaudi remodeled inside out. The structure is impressive with intrinsic design. I wanted to take a tour of the inside, but as I still have not received my student ID, I shall come back another day.
Standing in front of the building
Katie and Kaley with me

Originally we wanted to eat at a famous sandwich shop called Bode B, however, we could not find it and instead ate at a small cafe. 
 A tortilla sandwich 

On the first day we had taken a tour of the Old Town and ended up at a cafe. The three of us wanted to try it out so we decided to go there. We knew it was right by a Metro Station, but didn't want to spend money to take the train, so we walked. I'd say we were lost for about 30min, but then we realized we were on the same route as the tour on the first day. We ended up going the exact same way, trying to remember the route to the cafe. It took us about an hour or more to find the cafe, but in the end it was worth it. 
On route to the Cafe, we passed by our University!
UPF
Katie & I taking a pic of the alley way

Quite interesting but it had my name!! Graffiti is allover Barca

The cafe's called Capuxino; a cozy coffee shop.
Bailey's Cappuccino & Almond Croissant
Delicious!

Tonight there is a soccer game against Espanyol. My friends and I are planning on going to a pub to watch it. I'm excited to officially say that they are my team! How exciting!! Go Barca!!

I'll let you know how the game goes! 
Adios!
Besitos, Lilly Goti

No comments:

Post a Comment