Sunday, February 5, 2012

Barca Barca Barca!!

I must say that yesterday was the coldest day ever! It was gorgeous out all day and Kaley and I walked around Barri Gotic (Gothic Quarter), which we absolutely love because it's so different from the rest of the city. The alleys are tiny, and the Gothic design is gorgeous.

I ended up getting a haircut at Anthony Llobet; my friend go hers done there last week, but at a different location so I decided to try out this one. I had a young hair stylist from Sweden and had a great conversation with her. The difference between getting a haircut in Europe and the States is that they literally give you a nice, long massage while washing your hair...the best! I really liked her and was pleased with my hair at the end.
After my haircut, we walked around some more and headed back home around 7 to get ready for the Barcelona Game that was at 10pm. I could not wait to go!!! I've been waiting forever to walk into the Camp Nou stadium...and when I did I was mesmerized.
 Friends and I at the game!

We took the metro to the stadium, and what a ride that was. Everyone on the metro was going to the game, and I'd say that everyone was drunk to. They were singing, laughing, dancing, and yelling...going crazy. It was an extremely funny sight to see. Once we got to the stadium, we got in and were surprised that we actually got to sit on the lower level and not up at the top.
 We were seated right behind the goal, but
we moved to the right side at the start of 
the game to get a better view

It was absolutely amazing! So many people and so loud! When everyone cheers, the whole stadium shakes and echoes. It's definitely an experience that everyone should have.

We played against Real Sociedad and ended up winning 2-1. After all these years watching Barca play on TV, it was just crazy to believe that I was actually there right in front...practically touching the players. The feel of being there was just incredible; I can't even explain it.




 Messi!

The only thing that was bad was having to sit/stand in the cold! It was the coldest day and I think I literally went through hypothermia. By the end of the night, both my fingers and my toes were completely numb! Not a good feeling!

Freezing! with Steve and Kaley


Even though it was cold, it was so worth it to attend the game!! I really hope I can someday make it to another one...maybe the Real Madrid vs. Barca one??...I wish!

I'm off to school work...
Hopefully I get it done in time for the Superbowl!
I hate how it doesn't start til 12:30am here! 
Besitos, Lilly Goti

No comments:

Post a Comment