Tuesday, May 22, 2012

3 Countries in 1 Day!

Alrighty! So we left Monaco and headed towards Milan, Italy to go and see one of my moms friends. We only stopped by for lunch...an amazing lunch. When we got to Milan, the streets were completely empty; definitely not what we expected, but later on we found out that it was a holiday...on a Wednesday.

Anyways, my parents and I met up with her friend and ate at a restaurant called Gold. The inside was gorgeous! It was designed by Dolce & Gabbana...I had no idea they interior designed actual stores and restaurants too! Quite interesting.
Gold Restaurant
Thought the lights were cool!
The mozzarella was freshly made, spectacular! I devoured everything...literally everything and the dessert!!! Ugh soooo good; it was sorbet with berries! Light and filling:)
Kinda obsessed with all my photo apps!
 After lunch it was time to head to Interlaken, Switzerland! The car ride was about 4 hours I believe. Not too bad. Switzerland = feels like you are driving in a movie. Every single picture I took, felt like I was in a postcard.
Pretty Church
Once we got to Interlaken, it was already late in the afternoon, so we checked into our quaint hotel...more like an upscale hostel and then took a little nap/rested for a bit. We walked around town and found a nice place to eat dinner. It was actually really funny because I was sitting at the table I started to smell something not so yummy...no offense to the Swiss cuisine, but it was the fondu!!! OMG I had no idea how strong the smell was! It was not too pleasant, but it was just funny cause the people behind me were the ones who ordered it and I was sniffing the table cloth and random stuff trying to figure out where the smell was coming from! hahahah good memories.
I don't have any photos from this but I had a yummy potato soup!!!

After dinner, we went back to the hotel to rest up because the next day we were to take on Jungfraujoch, the lowest point on the mountain ridge between Mönch and Jungfrau, at 3,471 meters (11,388 ft). Whats so cool about this place is that Jungfraujoch is often known as the "Top of Europe" because it has the Jungfraujoch Railway Station at an elevation of 3,454 meters (11,332 ft) is the highest railway station in Europe. Definitely a great experience!
What we took up the mountain!

 Alright this is getting kinda long,
so I you'll have to wait till tomorrow to find out
about my trip to the "Top of Europe"! Oh and like I said,
went to 3 countries...in one day! Breakfast in Monaco,
lunch in Italy, and dinner in Switzerland!! Love!
Btw, I started summer classes yesterday = hell.
Not fun at all, but 4 weeks and 4 days left!!!
Have a good day!
Besitos, Lilly

No comments:

Post a Comment