Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Hump Day

Where do I start...my midterms are done! Except, I did not do as well as I hoped; actually i think practically the whole class failed because our average was so low. I have two weeks left and need to start focusing. It's just so hard since its summer and I am such a daydreamer...its really bad.

Other than school, I have been working at the snack bar; same-old same-old, however, on Monday, I worked my photography job. Our client was a girl from the storm quad (like a cheerleader for the pro hockey team here in NC). She brought a load of clothing and I as the stylist, picked out a couple outfits for the shoot. I had so much fun picking out the outfits; I love fashion and this allowed me to experiment and have fun with clothes. Afterwards we got the shoot started. I helped around with some of the lighting and picked different poses for her. Having taken dance my entire life, the camera was always next to me. I have always loved photography and modeling pictures as well, which also helped a lot with the posing.

We had the first shoot in the studio and then headed out to a nice, grassy field, and later on to a park. It was interesting being in the background of things because I'm so used to being on stage in front of people. I am so glad I took on this job. It has given me a lot of insight on photography and I get to use my fashion skills;) I'm eager for the next shoot!
Yup...I was taking pix too
We took some by this; looked amazing! Old-American Country look

If you're interested his name is Evan Pike. A great photographer and takes great photos, loves to travel, adn loves Japan! Check it out: Evan Pike Photography

Yesterday I went out to dinner with my siblings and our two good friends. We went to a new restaurant called Ruckus. Pretty good; a pizza/pasta place...except they sell sushi too. A little weird, but hey, I guess people like to have pizza and sushi...?
Appetizer = hand-rolled garlic knots (I think) but I kept calling them hard-rolled garlic nuts..woops
I had a super large slice of pizza = black olives, chicken, onion
Oh! For music lovers...Sensation USA has finally been announced! It will be held October 26th-27th, 2012 in Brooklyn, NY and tickets will be on sale this Friday June 8th! It's finally here!!! The only thing different is that you have to be 21 to go...luckily my birthday was in April:p
Check out the Sensation US'12 Trailer:


Ahhhhh so psyched!!!

Alright, well I think that's all for now...
at least what has been going on around here. 
One of my good friends is going to Spain this Friday
with his family and super jealous! 
Like really jealous. Sending him 'hot spot'
info as we speak;)
Hope everyone has a good rest of their week!
Besitos, Lilly

No comments:

Post a Comment