Thursday, September 6, 2012

Labor Day

Hi Guys! I went home last weekend for Labor Day. Although it was not our normal beach outing, I had a nice, relaxing weekend with lots of food involved. We had a Cuban "barbeque" that included delicious ribs and chicken with the typical rice and black beans.
Salad, Chicken, Ribs and Caipirinha!
I also made homemade Madeleines which are traditional small cakes from France. I usually end up using Giada De Laurentiis' recipe, as it always comes out perfect. Its extremely easy to make and perfect for any occasion. Check out the recipe here: Honey-Almond Madeleines
Start with buttering and adding flour to the molds
Beat 2 egg whites till frothy
Add cake mix, butter, lemon zest, honey, almond-extract & water

Mix On High
Spoon Batter Into Molds & Bake for 15min at 325 degrees
Comes out fluffy and delicious! 
I also went downtown for dinner to a place called Gravy. Unlike the name, it's an Italian restaurant and the "gravy" is actually a marinara-like sauce. Tasty and quite the sauce. If anyone happens to be in Raleigh, NC, make sure to go and check it out! Gravy
My lovely friend Carol and I at Gravy
Mango Top, Joe's Jeans, Vintage Japanese Heels, Aldo Clutch

No comments:

Post a Comment