Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Pasta Pasta Pasta

I had planned on eating healthy today...I guess I say that everyday, but my roommate was in the mood for pasta so we decided to make Spinach Ricotta Pasta. It's a simple recipe, very similar to mac & cheese, so if you have kids around, this will definitely win them over!


Spinach Ricotta Pasta

Ingredients
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 shallot, chopped
  • 2 cloves of garlic, minced
  • Box of spinach (4-5 cups)
  • 1/4 -1/2 cup of Ricotta Cheese
  • 1 egg
  • Box of pasta shells
  • 4Tbs salted butter
  • Salt & Pepper for seasoning 
Directions
  1. Boil water for pasta (add salt and olive oil) & add pasta
  2. Chop both the onion & shallot and mince the garlic. Heat a fry pan and melt butter
  3. Add onion, shallots, garlic and cook over medium heat. Add spinach. Season with salt & pepper.
  4. In a mixing bowl, whisk the egg and ricotta cheese 
  5. Drain the pasta and add it to the ricotta mixture. 
  6. Add the spinach mixture to the pasta and mix together. Add salt & pepper to your liking

I made a Caprese Salad to go along with it
Other than food, I have some new shoes for you! Master menswear with these "Mona" shoes. Loafers are in and I'd say it's a smart investment! Great with jeans, a dress; make your look anything from preppy to feminine.
Thanks for reading!
Besitos, Lilly

No comments:

Post a Comment